WARNER Family Photograph

Shelley Cardiel

I've "rescued" an old photograph of Leona WARNER of Putnam, CT which was taken on 29 Aug 1900 at the Lake in Westfield, VT. The photograph was a gift to "Mable" with Leona appearing to be in her 20's at the time it was taken. Based on limited research I was able to gather the following information regarding Leona and her family:

Leona Jane WARNER was b. 28 Jun 1879 in Lowell, VT to parents William George or H. WARNER (1837-1891) and Mary Sophia WAKEFIELD (1842-1931).  Leona was one of 10 children born to this couple including, Alvin  or Alvah Charles; Vercil; Effie; Wilmond “Willie” A.; Mark Richard; Eva;  Vernon Waterman; Leona Jane;  Wallace Alvin or Alvah; and Elmer WARNER, all born between 1863 and 1885.  Leona married Charles Francis BODGE (b. 1877 the son of Joseph F. BODGE and Jenny B. NICHOLS) on 2 Sept 1905 in Westfield, VT and they had a daughter Arline or Arlene Ruth BODGE (1924-1965).  Leona died 30 Apr 1965 or 18 Jun 1967 in Newport, VT and is buried in the Mountain View Cemetery in Lowell, VT.

Census records provide the following details:

1880 census of Lowell, VT:

William WARNER, age 43

Mary S. WARNER, age 38

Willie A. WARNER, age 17

Mark WARNER, age 11

Vernon WARNER, age 3

Baby WARNER, age 11 months

Hannah WAKEFIELD, age 72

1900 census of Putnam, CT: (Boarding in the home of Fred and Annie KREGAR)

Leona WARNER, age 21, born Mar 1879, born VT, parents born VT, a Silk Mill Shiner

I’m hoping to locate someone from Leona’s family so that the photograph can be returned to their care.  If you are a member of this family, or you know someone who might be, please contact me.

Thanks,

Shelley

Join main@GenConnecticut.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.