BARNUM - SHEPARD Family Photograph

Shelley Cardiel

I've recovered a photograph of Rev. & Mrs. F. S. BARNUM which was taken at the F. D. Lewis Studio in Kingston, NY. The photograph appears to be in honor of their 50th Wedding Anniversary with the dates 19 April 1860-1910 noted on the back of the photograph. Based on limited research I was able to gather the following information regarding this couple:

Rev. Frederick Shepard BARNUM was b. 3 Feb 1837 in Bethel, CT to parents Daniel E. BARNUM (1799-1881) and Charlotte or Charlotta SHEPARD (1807-1886) who were married 17 Jan 1827 in Danbury, CT.  Frederick was one of 12 children born to this couple including, Baby Girl; Sarah B.; Joanna; Baby Girl; Emily Augusta; Oliver Shepard; Baby Girl; Rev. Frederick Shepard; Julia Shepard; Baby Girl;  Oliver; and Edmund Bragdon BARNUM, all born between 1827 and 1844.  His Father Daniel was married previously and had to additional children including, Lewis Smith BARNUM and Isaac Williams BARNUM born in 1822 and 1824 respectively.

Frederick married Esther M. LEE (1835-1929) on 19 Apr 1860 and they had four children including, William Johnson; Frederick “Fred” Lee; Louis Lawrence; and Oliver Shepard BARNUM, all born between 1861 and 1867. Frederick died 27 Mar 1911 in Kingston, NY and is buried in the Wiltwyck Cemetery in Kingston, NY.  Esther M. LEE was b. 13 Feb 1835 in New York to parents Ashbel B. LEE (1808-1872) and Isabella HILL (1810-1891) and it appears that she was their only child.  Esther died 25 Jan 1929 and is buried along with her husband in the Wiltwyck Cemetery in Kingston, NY.

I am hoping to locate someone from this family so that the photograph can be returned to the care of family.  If you are a member of this family, or you know someone who might be, please contact me.

Thanks,

Shelley

Join main@GenConnecticut.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.