Topics

Luke Hitchcock

philalling@...

Luke Hitchcock took the freeman's oath in 1644 in New Haven Colony.  He reportedly married Elizabeth Gibbons between 1642 and 1644.  Does anyone have documentation on this?  He subsequently moved to Wethersfield.

Thanks,

Phil Alling

W David Samuelsen

This is my 10th great grandfather

He married Elizabeth Gibbons January 1641 in Wethersfield. (source I think but I didn't add source to my own database,  "History of Ancient Wethersfield, Connecticut".

Luke was born in Wiltshire, England to John Hiscockes and Mary Franklin. Further documentation needed.

David Samuelsen

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 7:43 PM <philalling@...> wrote:
Luke Hitchcock took the freeman's oath in 1644 in New Haven Colony.  He reportedly married Elizabeth Gibbons between 1642 and 1644.  Does anyone have documentation on this?  He subsequently moved to Wethersfield.

Thanks,

Phil Alling

philalling@...

Thanks, David.

Luke is my 9th great grandfather.  I descend through his daughter Hannah who married Chileab Smith son of Lt. Samuel Smith who was one of the founders of Hadley Mass.

Phil