Topics

Utley of Stonington, #New-London

afaulkner4847@...

Interested in the Utley family of Stonington.

Ann Faulkner

Laurence J Smith

I have a Betsey Ann Utley in my Vincent family tree.

Betsey Ann Utley, b. Jul 1827 in Conncticut, m. 20 Mar 1846 to Job Vincent in Verbank, Dutchess, New York, USA, d. 26 Dec 1888 in Sherman, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA,

Husband
Job Vincent b. May 1824 in Verbank, Dutchess, New York, USA. d. 07 Apr 1882 in Sherman, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA

Children
Mary C. b. 16 Mar 1848 in Sherman, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA, m. Egbert T. Haviland (1862–1937), d. 08 Feb 1937 in Danbury, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
Charles Egbert b. Sep 1850 in Sherman, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA, m. Jessie E Warner (1864–1911), d. 10 May 1923 in New Milford, Litchfield, Connecticut, USA
Silas A b. Jul 1856 in New Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA, m. Harriet E "Hattie" Knowles (1864–1945), d. 20 Nov 1933 in Bethel, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
Leonard J b. 9 Mar 1859 in New Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA, d. 13 Jul 1861 in Sherman, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA

Betsey's background is a total mystery to date.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Larry

--

Laurence J. Smith
214 Pond Point Avenue

afaulkner4847@...

Larry,

I checked my records & a few other things and cannot locate any information on your Betsey Ann Utley Vincent.   I certainly will let you know if I do.

My Samuel Utley 1724-1795 and Elizabeth Palmer 1728-1798 left Stonington after 1772 and settled in Columbia Co NY.

Ann Faulkner
Harrison Twp. MI

Laurence J Smith

Thanks Ann for the feedback.  I see Columbia County is quite close to Northwestern Connecticut and so this could indeed be the Utleys Betsey Ann descended from.

Larry