Topics

PORTER Family Photograph

Shelley Cardiel

I've "rescued" an old photograph of Grace D. PORTER and Henry J. PORTER which was taken at the Kellogg Studio in Hartford, CT. The photograph is dated 4 Jan 1888 with Grace identified as 9 years old, and Henry 7 years old.  Based on limited research I was able to gather the following information regarding this family:

Grace Denslow PORTER was born 30 Mar 1879 and her brother Henry Joshua PORTER was born 15 Nov 1880, both were born in Windsor Locks, CT to parents Charles Austin PORTER (1843-1929) and Melissa Eliza DENSLOW DEWITT (1839-1880).  One additional child Lissa Agusta PORTER was born to this couple in 1875 and died that same year.  After their Mother died  their father had one additional child, a son William Dewitt PORTER (1891-1959).  Grace died 14 Feb 1949 in Monson, MA and is buried in the Grove Cemetery in Windsor Locks, CT.  Henry married Inez Philippa PHELAND (1882-1986) in 1907 and they had three children including, William; Charles Irving; and Daphne PORTER all born between 1908 and 1914.  Henry died 21 Nov 1973 in Montclair or Caldwell, NJ and is buried in the West Suffield Cemetery in Suffield, CT.

I am hoping to locate someone from this family so that the photograph can be returned to their care.  If you are a member of this family, or you know someone who might be, please contact me.

Thanks,

Shelley