Topics

BUCK & CRAW

Patti Waitman-Ingebretsen

I am desperately looking for a marriage record to confirm the groom’s first name.

Hannah CRAW b 1784 New Fairfield, Fairfield, CT –( daughter of Reuben CRAW & wife Zerviah SUNDERLAND)

married Mr. BUCK  bef 1804

son Reuben C. BUCK b 1804 ?Vermont d bef 1879 Macoupin Co, IL

his father was in Rev War & died December 1804 or 1813

Was his father Isaac BUCK b 1763 New Milford, Litchfield, CT?

If Mr BUCK died 1804, would the young widow with child qualify for a pension?

The widow Hannah Craw BUCK m. 30 Sept 1813Fairfield, Franklin, VT to

John BARTRAM b 1774 Redding, Fairfield, CT- d 1833 Fairfield, Franklin, VT

Thanks for your help.  I need to confirm the name of Mr. BUCK who married Hannah CRAW.

Patti

Barbara de Mare

Quickly off the top of my head, have you checked:

Torrey's Early New England Marriages (your marriage might be too late for this work)?

Jacobus' Families of Old Fairfield?

The Barbour Collection for the appropriate town?

Connecticut records are kept at the town level, so going to the town hall in the town you expect they married and examining the original records would be your best move for the most accurate results.

Barbara L. de Mare, Esq.
Attorney, historian, genealogist, grandmother
155 Polifly Road--Suite 201 (office)
Hackensack, New Jersey 07601
(201) 567-9440 office