From: main@GenConnecticut.groups.io <main@GenConnecticut.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shelley Cardiel
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2022 11:53 AM
To: main@genconnecticut.groups.io
Subject: [GenConnecticut] DAVIS Family Photograph

I’ve recovered an old photograph of Chester P. DAVIS taken at the Sullivan Bros. Studio in Hudson, NY.  The photograph appears to have been taken in the early 1900’s with Chester likely in his teens at the time.  Based on limited research I was able to gather the following information regarding Chester and his family:

Chester Pickwick DAVIS was b. 4 Apr 1884 or 1886 in Stottville, NY to parents Walter Edwin DAVIS (1855-1934) and Emily Eliza PATTON (1862-1936).  Chester was one of 8 children born to this couple including Ada Charlotte; Rena Elizabeth; Ralph Edwin; Chester Pickwick; Emily Closson; Harold Walter DAVIS and two others.  Chester married Emily DuClose MOODY (1875-1938) on 26 Jun 1920 in Detroit, MI.  Over his lifetime he lived in Stockport, NY; Crown Point, IN; and Detroit, MI; and he died 9 or 19 Dec 1947 in New Haven, CT and is buried in the Beaverdale Memorial Park Cemetery in New Haven, CT.

I am hoping to locate someone from this DAVIS Family so that the photograph can be returned to their care.  If you are a member of this family or know someone who might be, please contact me.

Thanks,

Shelley