Query re Mary Grant Cecil #Middlesex

Douglass Grant

Mary Catherine Grant, b. 1900 in Glace Bay, Cape Breton County, Nova Scotia, Canada (d/o James & Dollena), migrated to the US in 1920 and married Daniel Cecil (s/o Carmine & Rose) on a date not yet discovered.  She died in Middletown on or about 12 July 1938, and her body was returned to NS for burial.  Her widowed husband was living with his family in Waterbury in 1940.  There is no evidence of children from the marriage.  Can anyone help me with the date of their marriage, or any information about the circumstances of her death?

Chris Klemmer

Douglass,

From indexes online at CT State Library,
MARY CECIL died 1938-07-12 WATERBURY
DANIEL CECIL married MARY GRANT 1934-06-21 FARMINGTON

From city directories, it appears they met in Waterbury and lived together in Middletown starting in 1934.
See the attachment for citations and details. If further explanation is needed, don't hesitate to ask.

I suggest contacting Town clerks in Farmington and Waterbury for Mary's marriage and death records and possible children.
CT State Department of Health is another option. Vital records are not at the State Library.
Farmington Town Clerk, https://www.farmington-ct.org/departments/town-clerk
Waterbury Town Clerk, http://www.waterburyct.org/townclerk
CT Department of Health, https://portal.ct.gov/DPH

If you don't mind me asking, where are you researching from?
Are these towns accessible to you?

Best wishes,
Chris