Topics

SMITHIES Family Photograph

Shelley Cardiel

I’ve “rescued” an old photograph identified as Edith Elizabeth SMITHIES which was taken at the F. W. M. Havee Studio in Stamford, CT.  The photograph is dated “Xmas 1887” with Edith appearing to be in her teens at the time it was taken.  I was able to find Edith in census records as follows:

1880 census of Stamford, CT:

George E. PARKER, age 40, a Hotel Proprietor, born MA, parents born MA

Loratha L. PARKER, wife, age 40 , Keeping House, born MA, parents born MA

Edith E. SMITHES, boarder, age 6, at School, born MA, parents born MA

I am hoping to locate someone from Edith’s family so that the photograph can be returned to the care of her family.  If you are a member of this family or know someone who might  be please contact me.

Thanks,

Shelley