Topics

War of 1812 pension files on fold3

Julie

https://www.fold3.com/browse/1/h5iT6dgqRYeHwikJc

Just to remind you that the War of 1812 pension files are still free on Fold3.com
I believe you need to have an account.
they are 80% complete - I think they are in the S's now.

I have a feeling once they are at 100% they won't be free - so get them while you can :-)

Julie

W David Samuelsen

I beg to differ.

They stay free once complete because of the agreements made with the Federation of Genealogical Societies (now merged with National Genealogical Society for administrative purposes.)  We raised funds to pay for digitalization of the records to be free to all.

David Samuelsen

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 6:13 PM Julie via Groups.Io <juls92627=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
https://www.fold3.com/browse/1/h5iT6dgqRYeHwikJc

Just to remind you that the War of 1812 pension files are still free on Fold3.com
I believe you need to have an account.
they are 80% complete - I think they are in the S's now.

I have a feeling once they are at 100% they won't be free - so get them while you can :-)

Julie

Susan C Pentico

Hurray and thanks.

On Mar 23, 2020, at 10:34 AM, W David Samuelsen wrote:

I beg to differ.

They stay free once complete because of the agreements made with the Federation of Genealogical Societies (now merged with National Genealogical Society for administrative purposes.)  We raised funds to pay for digitalization of the records to be free to all.

David Samuelsen

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 6:13 PM Julie via Groups.Io <juls92627=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
https://www.fold3.com/browse/1/h5iT6dgqRYeHwikJc

Just to remind you that the War of 1812 pension files are still free on Fold3.com
I believe you need to have an account.
they are 80% complete - I think they are in the S's now.

I have a feeling once they are at 100% they won't be free - so get them while you can :-)

Julie

Mary Hatcher

Thank you for you contribution making these files free to access on Fold3